Day 25: Athens


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Athens
July 30th 2011
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ruf ruf rufRuf ruf rufRuf ruf ruf

Poor Ranger always gets drooled on by the other dogs because he's shorter than them
After a considerable lie-in to comensate for toe-nibbling etc. in the middle of the night, we got up and took Ranger to the local dog exercise area. Americans don't really seem to go in for walking their dogs in general, and since most cities don't have parks, and most of the National Parks don't let dogs in, there's only a rubbish fenced in piece of dirt which everyone has to use. The dogs have fun as they all bundle together and play, but the owners i.e. us always get covered in slobber and mud. On the way back home we stopped off at Walmart to get food for the BBQ later, and got a bit distracted by the 'sports' section (shooting and fishing) which was REALLY scary.

In the afternoon while Mikki packed/procrastinated (she's mopving flat on Monday) we swam in the pool that is attached to the apartments and played with her pets (not the cockroaches though - those we left well alone).

We then all drove over to Mikki's friend's house for a BBQ. Britney is a PhD student in plant biology, so pretty much everyone there was at least as geeky as us, which was really nice. We played giant jenga, and everyone got very excited when someone found a hairy caterpillar. As is traditional at BBQs the food was late and undercooked, but all in all we had a good evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Honey-flavoured backed beansHoney-flavoured backed beans
Honey-flavoured backed beans

They had loaaadddss of different types, and they all looked gross


Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb