Day 2 - Los Angeles to Washington DC


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Alarms were set on both of the new AT & T cell phones for 4.35 am but did not need them as I was awake anyway. Elise and I had our own room with 2 queens and she only woke to my snoring once. Kerry & Luke did not sleep well.

Breakfast included but did not open until 6 am so we got the free shuttle at 5.30 for the 5 minute ride to the terminal.

Flying Virgin America at 7 am flying time 5 hours and due in Washington DC at pm.

Check in was a breeze and we had Burger King for breaky (Bacon and Cheese Croissants).

Flight left on time and we were at the back in row 23 (about 3 rows from rear). The flight took 4.45 hours and whilst a bit bumpy at times went fast. Virgin are pretty cool, seats were spacious with good leg room, and a great entertainment system with heaps of free tv channels to watch (I watched England vs Sweden EURO 2012 live on ESPN !).

One of the things I liked was the map which was simple google maps but you could zoom in to see where you were flying over. They also had meal orders on the system. Just order a drink or snack when you wantclose add to your shopping cart and they deliver it to you. Pretty cool idea !

We arrived early at Washington Dullies Airport which is actually in the state of Virginia. We had no trouble gettiluggage and and had our Supershuttle booked for the 30 minute drive to our hotel which is Residence Inn (part of Marriott empire) at Pentagon City still in Virginia.

On our drive we went past Arlington Cemetery and the Pentagon. Our 2 bedroom suite was ready. A bit weird with our room number given we are across from the Pentagon (see photo).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb