Day Thirty One- Miami to Washington DC


Advertisement
Published: May 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The night before was long, I was so tired but couldn't sleep! It was so bright, and a lady kept repeating the time over the loudspeaker every 15 minutes. I was already asleep before the plane left Miami and only woke for my glass of water and juice and a packet of nuts! 😊Just before we'd checked in at Miami Laura and I had decided to go straight to New York once we got into DC and join a tour that would do the main sites of New York, Washington DC, Niagara Falls and Boston.So as soon as we got off at Baltimore we trained it to DC, then got on a bus ride to NYC that ended up taking 6 hours to get there because of traffic.The bus was meant to have free wifi, but it didn't work, so when we got off in NYC we still didn't have anywhere to stay and it was past 7:30pm.Luckily there was a Starbucks across the road so we went in there pulled out our iPads and found somewhere close, cheap and near a laundromat (we hadn't washed in weeks!)The room was in a cute neighborhood, and the laundromat was adorable, we got take away Thai for dinner and went to bed ASAP as we had a big day of sightseeing in NYC the next day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb