DC - day 1


Advertisement
Published: April 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our school trip to DC started mad EARLY! And by that I mean it pretty much started in the middle of the night. My alarm was set for 3am! Mrs. Bailey, Andrew, Chloe and I left from Tampa at 5:20 even though Chloe was not permitted to check in at the kiosk because her name is on a watch list. LOL!! If you know Chloe, then you know she's the least shady member of our 4 person party! After a shortish layover in Atlanta,we arrived to dc at about 11 and proceeded to pick up a school from NY at the train station, and then off to lunch. After lunch at the reagan center, We visited the pentagon 9/11 memorial which was very beautiful and touching, and then the air force memorial. We had some extra time before visiting the archives, so we strolled around the sculpture garden and rested our feet in the fountain pool. The archives weren't busy so we were able to get good looks at the declaration of independence, constitution and bill of rights. It was pretty cool! That was pretty much the reason why I wanted to come on this trip.

After the archives we went to the smithsonian museum of American art and portiriature where Chloe napped on a bench and Andrew spilled mountain dew on himself. 😊 Jane and I viewed the museum and the collection of portraits from historical and modern life were fantastic. They also had a giraffe made out of bottle caps... I loved it. Dinner was at a burrito place and then we were back on the bus heading to our hotel. Andrew caught a case of "cough tourettes" on the bus and had me in stitches. The kiddie are now safe in their hotel rooms with a chaperone in the hallways. Day 1 was full, fun and informative. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Advertisement



27th April 2011

Miss you!
Nice to hear from you :) Even if in your blog! Have a great time in DC and teach those kiddies something :)
27th April 2011

Day 1
Glad you had such a fun day! I have not been there since my 8th grade trip! YIKES! Well I did go back to Arlington about 4 years ago...will you be going there? Have a great time! Be safe!

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb