washington dc


Advertisement
Published: August 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 19th Aug- Arrived in Washington DC after a bus journey from Atlantic City, it took about 4 hours and passed through Baltimore. We took a taxi to our hostel DC Lofty which is really homely with a huge kitchen, dining room, living room, two flat screen tv's. We were in a dorm room with 3 guys and another girl, three were friends from Austria and the other guy was from Norway. We went to a local Greek restaurant for something to eat and sat outside as the weather has been hot and sunny here.

Friday 20th Aug- A full day of seeing the sights, we first went to White House visitors center then went to see the white house. We then walked to the Lincoln memorial and the world war 2 memorial where we sat with our feet in the fountain to cool off. We also eat lunch in the park by the lake. We then went to the Washington monument before walking down the mall to the capital building. Washington is a lot calmer than NYC, a lot less traffic and a lot less people. In the evening we cooked dinner at the hostel and then went for a walk back to the White House and the mall with our room mates to see the sights by night. We then headed back to the hostel at 11pm planning to go to bed but instead got talking to more people staying at the hostel and ended up heading to a bar at 12pm until 3.30am. A great night was had and everyone we met was great.

Saturday 21st Aug- We headed back to the mall to go to some of the museums that line it and all were free which was a bonus, we ended up going to the Natural History museum and the air and space museum. We then chilled out in the park before heading back to the hostel where we had dinner. We then had a night in drinking and playing card games at the hostel with everyone and had a really good evening.

Sunday 22nd Aug- Once the hangover had passed we headed to the Laudromat to do some washing, as you couldn't leave your washing we sat outside and played cards while we waited. We then headed back to the Mall to go to the Holocaust museum but got caught in a torrential downpour and got soaked so went in the museum of American history first before going to the Holocaust museum.

It is now 7.20 pm in the evening so going to have dinner and chill out tonight before an early start tomorrow to travel to Jacksonville North Carolina.




Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb