Colorado National Monument, Grand Junction, CO


Advertisement
Published: March 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Colorado National MonumentColorado National MonumentColorado National Monument

Colorado National Monument
The Colorado National Monument embodiest the majesty of the American West. Panoramic views of towering red rock structures are just one reason why the park is a favorite among travelers in search of Colorado’s best camping, hiking, rafting and mountain biking. Trails in the park range in length from a quarter mile to more than 14 miles, offering fun for hikers and bikers of all skill levels. For those who simply want to enjoy the sights, the scenic Rim Rock Drive stretches 23 miles through the park, offering awe-inspiring views along the way. Stop by for the day to experience the park's scenery or explore the park for several days on a camping trip.



The park and Rim Rock Drive are easily accessible from the nearby towns Grand Junction and Fruita. The price of admission is $10 for vehicles and $5 for motorcycles or bicycles. Admission is good for up to seven days from the date of purchase.



Driving

Westbound on Highway I-70 towards Grand Junction, Exit 31 (Horizon Drive).

Follow signs through Grand Junction to the east entrance. The visitor center and campground are 19 miles from the east entrance.



Eastbound on Highway I-70 take Exit 19 (Fruita). Turn south on Highway 340 to the west entrance, which is approximately three miles from Fruita. The visitor center and campground are four miles up from the west entrance


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb