Last Day In Estes Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Estes Park
August 17th 2019
Published: August 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Will our adventure is nearing the end. Yesterday we did a short hike to Alberta falls in the Bear Lake area of Rocky. I think everybody was ready for an easy day. The hike was only 2 miles with moderate elevation gain. The Falls were fantastic. The only down side was the Saturday crowds. Since we take the shuttle from the Estes Park visitor center to the park. No waiting in the mile long line at the gate. The trail was a little crowded, but it is amazing how friendly people get when you get them on a trail with beautiful scenery. One real high point was the Bull Elk sighting with a great picture opportunity. They were both resting in the trees so a picture was tough, but I managed a couple anyway. We also did our National Park Tshirt shopping yesterday and finish with a nice Italian Dinner in a square downtown. Today Bill and Chris are heading home by way of Grand Junction and Joanne and I are off to Boulder and the night in Denver to visit with some friends from our Lockheed days. Tomorrow we will head towards home. One last note Bill and Chris saw a bear wondering through the yard last evening, but no picture. It has been a great time with two great friends.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

















Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb