Denver - Sunday 13th May 2012


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
May 14th 2012
Published: May 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrive in Denver early at around 07:00 after having an early 06:00 breakfast. We all alite the train feeling a little sleepy. A coach is there to meet us, and takes us on a quick tour of Denver before checking into the Warwick Hotel. We arrive at the hotel at arond 09:30, and have to wait around a little while for the rooms to be made ready. The hotel provides lemonade and cookies while we wait.

We dont have too many things planned for the day in Denver so we plan a relaxing day.

We have a wander around Denver. It is on a smaller scale to the other American cities that we have visited. It is well laid out and "sightseer friendly" as regards being able to walk around as opposed to using Metro, Taxis etc. The 16th Street Mall stretches the length of Downtown and has shops and restaurants, there is a free bus that regularly runs along the mall and you can jump on and off where you like. We take some pictures of the State Capitol building that is under repair. And do a little shopping for the odd bits and pieces that we need.

We have a late lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. The restaurants are all busy as it is Mothers Day in the US.

We go back to the hotel and "chill-out" for the rest of the day. I keep threatening to go to the gym or go for a swim in the pool on the hotel's roof - but it comes to nothing. We end up watching TV and having an early night


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.5kb