Day 8: Boulder and Denver


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
July 13th 2011
Published: July 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Boulder CreekBoulder CreekBoulder Creek

At its highest point this year from all the meltwater
On our last morning in Boulder we decided to cycle out along Boulder 'creek' (more like a raging torrent) to Boulder Canyon. Some pretty exciting cliffs, although I didn't really have much time to appreciate them since once again my lungs were complaining about the altitude. We then did some cycle-based souvenir shopping downtown (I bought some Colorado running socks to add to my new collection, which made me happy).

We then got the bus to Denver where we were met by Peter Batty. He works in computing and was a Pathfinder a while ago; he and his parter Paula now live in an amazing apartment above a microbrewery. We played a bit with the robot dog which Rosie had told us about (she stayed with Peter on her trip) and had a power nap before heading out to Red Rocks. The sandstone forms a natural amphitheatre where the Beatles once performed. It started to rain quite heavily so we headed back to town and had supper in the brewery restaurant. I had an amazing buffalo burger - apparently much healthier than a normal one!

Now back in the apartment and watching '127 hours' on the home cinema. The
Me being lazy and taking a break!Me being lazy and taking a break!Me being lazy and taking a break!

It was hard work, honest
main guy in it is from Colorado, and given he's a complete psycho for outdoors adrenaline rushes I can well believe that.

One last thing: happy anniversary to Simon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

RocksRocks
Rocks

You can see the way all the rocks slant up, so you get amazing fossils of dinosaur footprints coming to the surface


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb