Garden of the Gods


Advertisement
Published: October 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Garden of the Gods is in Colorado Springs, which is about an hour's drive from our home. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, and it's completely free to go. You can drive through it, hike through it, or even get a permit to climb some of the stronger formations. I'm not a climber, but I go to Garden of the Gods every few years or so to hike through and enjoy the beauty.

Andrew and I had a friend's wedding to attend yesterday, so we decided to take Oliver and make a weekend of the trip. First thing this morning, we packed our things and drove to the park. It opens at 5am, and we were there well before 8am. The sun was still low in the sky, and it cast beautiful shadows over the rock formations. It was also chillier than we expected. Not having packed a coat, we grabbed Oliver's blanket to keep him warm during our hike.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Oliver and AndrewOliver and Andrew
Oliver and Andrew

I believe you can climb that rock formation behind them if you get a permit.
Autumn at Garden of the GodsAutumn at Garden of the Gods
Autumn at Garden of the Gods

The leaves were a nice mix of greens, golds, and reds, which made the park even more lovely.
Kissing CamelsKissing Camels
Kissing Camels

This is the "kissing camels" formation at Garden of the Gods.
Striking RocksStriking Rocks
Striking Rocks

The sun was low in the sky and cast fabulous shadows on the rocks.
We're Climbing!We're Climbing!
We're Climbing!

... not reallly.
Morning Has BrokenMorning Has Broken
Morning Has Broken

The sun rose over the false horizon of the rocks at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, creating a breath-taking silhouette.
Green and Red FoliageGreen and Red Foliage
Green and Red Foliage

I loved the contrast of the red leaves of the vine that grew on the green tree.


Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb