The beauty of Yosemite.


Advertisement
Published: October 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Woke to glorious sunshine!

Missed breakfast which bizarrely is only served until 9am! So found a local diner and Alex tucked into a short stack of pancakes with maple syrup and bacon while I restrained myself and enjoyed a bowl of home cooked oatmeal and honey and a gallon of coffee.

Drove back up into the park and at this stage I apologize that I cannot find enough words to describe this place, even photos can't do it complete justice, it is simply stunning, amazing, breathtaking and awe inspiring, the colours an textures of the cliff faces contrasting against the greens and browns of the foiliage, the sheer majesty of the height of the mountains, wandered through meadows with babbling brooks with deer grazing close by, completely unafraid of humans, every turn in the road brings a new surprise taking your breath away. On a side note, there were people rock climbing on the face of "El Capitan" the highest, sheerest rock face, we managed to get a photo of their "camp" hanging off the cliff edge.....crazy, crazy people.

Had to drag ourselves away before nightfall and wound our way back to Mariposa promising ourselves we would be back again to enjoy this wonderful place.

A day with all that mountain air made us hungry for dinner so we looked around town for a place to eat. Decided on a rustic style Mexican restaurant where we enjoyed beef fajitas, guacamole, sour cream, refried beans and rice (Alex) and homestyle beef and veg soup and a grilled beef salad, washed down with a Mexican beer (me) To round off a perfect day, entertainment provided by the house singer and guitarist, who even managed a Radiohead track for us Brits plus a mix of Elvis, Country Music and Neil Diamond.

One of the best days of the trip and not an escalator in sight!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb