Yosemite


Advertisement
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

'El Capitan''El Capitan''El Capitan'

The second biggest monalith in the world! (Aiyrs Rock being 1st)

Yosemite National Park



We took a coach tour of Yosemite National Park, initially the idea of a 'coach tour' put us off, but we couldn't drive there ourselves as the roads are closed to public vehicles due to heavy snow, etc...

We had a great time there, lots of snow and rain, but this added to the ambience of the place! (us brits...hard as nails!) Yosemite is Americas first National Park openned by Reagan. This is 'BIG' country at it's very best, ie, stunning waterfalls, canyons, white rapids and HUGE rivers, massive rocks/boulders/birds/trees/forests/no tourists/bears/small stones/mud/flowers/etc.........

It took 4 hours from San Fran, the coach driver was proper mind! A real cool old yank, gave us the 'short' history of America, Yosemite, local business and the changes in economic growth within the past century, and the brief history of time, the Universe, his family, booze, and immigrants, toothpaste........etc.... to which we listened, and pleasently enjoyed!!

peace out ya'll

LOVE

Nickoli von gorbenstroffen the third
&
Alberto 'Squirtmasterflash' Puggerz

xxxx





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

'El Capitan' 2'El Capitan' 2
'El Capitan' 2

The beutiful fog around the rock creates a unique ambience and aroma of this wonderful place, proper mind!
One of the many waterfallsOne of the many waterfalls
One of the many waterfalls

Fact: this is the fifth highest waterfall in the world...the fifth!
Squirt in Snow Squirt in Snow
Squirt in Snow

trees, branches, clouds, twigs, snow, Ally!!


12th April 2006

G'day from Oz
Wish I was here too!

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb