Leaving on a jet plane tomorrow


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Ventura
October 5th 2007
Published: October 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, it doesn't seem real yet, but we are actually leaving for Buenos Aires, Argentina at 4 a.m. tomorrow morning. For many of you reading this, you may be hearing about our adventure for the first time. It all happened so fast once everything was set in motion, so we didn't have time to get in touch with everyone.

After we finally achieved what we thought was so important to us...to have a house, money saved, financial stability, we realized all the stuff didn't bring us happiness. And all that time we spent working and saving and "getting ahead"...we missed out on experiencing the things that brought us enjoyment because we always made it second priority.

So we made a decision (a very difficult one) to fulfill our dream of seeing the world, before we have family and settle down. We decided that if our house sold, we would go travel for 6 to 8 months. We thought we'd have a few weeks before it sold, but our house sold in a day and a half, and that was only six weeks ago. So in six weeks time, we sold our house, sold most of our possessions (except what would fit in a 7 x 20 storage unit), sold my car, visited family, planned the first leg of our trip and a million other details that had to be taken care of. So for those of you hearing this for the first time, please forgive us, it’s just been a very hectic time. And for those of you receiving this that haven't heard from us in some time, we'd love to get back in touch.

We'll be in South America from October 7th until November 27th. Then we're off to Europe, then South Africa and finally Asia. If time and money permit, we'll also go to Australia and New Zealand.

There’s a lot more to do today before we leave, but we'll keep you posted in the next few days once we arrive in B.A.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb