SoCal Trip - Day 5 - Santa Monica and Coming Home...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Venice
November 29th 2010
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

California Ice CreamCalifornia Ice CreamCalifornia Ice Cream

Ice Cream on the Santa Monica Pier.
We started the day with another breakfast at the Hotel.

We checked out and drove to Santa Monica in order to be close to the Airport and see some work folks that I hadn't seen in awhile.

I dropped the girls off on the Third Street Promenade and met my boss at the Coffee Bean.

After some coffee and chatting we walked a bit on the Third Street Promenade and eventually met the girls who were down on at the Pier.

We walked on the Boardwalk for awhile, enjoying the final rays of sunshine and even stopped for some ice cream.

With a few hours before our flight we drove to LAX and dropped off the rental car.

The rental car company had a handy shuttle that took folks from the car rental lot to the behemoth that is LAX... and this time we found out just how big it really was.

Our web tickets showed that we were flying on Alaskan... so, naturally, we requested that the shuttle driver drop us off at Alaskan Airlines. When we did our checkin, the machine kept saying that it couldn't find us on a flight back to Portland.

After waiting in line for another 20 minutes we spoke to a rep who said that the flight originally scheduled had been bumped and we had to go to a different terminal, as our flight was on another airline.

This was crazy, as we were in Terminal 1 and needed to get to Terminal 3... it took almost 30 minutes to walk in busy traffic with a 6 year old in tow to the correct terminal. Once we were there the machine STILL couldn't find us on a flight... yikes!

We waited another 15 minutes in line and spoke to a very nice lady who eventually found us for our flight and ended up charging us $75 for our baggage!

All I have to say is that air travel is unpredictable!



....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb