Day 56: San Fran to Santa Cruz


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we headed off with our packs towards the train station to catch our train to San Jose. It was a bit of a mission walking uphill with our packs! At least there was heaps of room on the train, so we could spread out and take our packs off. We got to the San Jose Aiport to pick up our car, and were not too happy because we had to pay over $300 extra as a charge for dropping the car off in a different place, and for full insurance cover which we thought we had already paid for. But we decided that it was still worth getting the car, rather than relying on public transport, because our trip wouldn't be the same without it.
I drove us to Santa Cruz, which was a little bit scary but fine if you really concentrate, and we stopped and sat on the beach for a couple of hours and had an enormous icecream which pretty much filled us up for dinner! The weather was beautiful, the sun was still out at 7.30pm. We drove on to Monterey, which was where we were spending the next 2 nights. The hostel was amazing, but we had a 16 person dorm and there were alot of snorers! But it was a successful first day of our road trip so we were happy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb