San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: November 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

SF is one of our favourite cities. It's where Patricia once lived for a couple of years and where we got married in 1997. It has so much to offer in terms of attractions & sights, and is such an easy place to get around.

Our hotel is close to Pier 39, so we did the obligatory tour of that area and watched the seals on the pontoons. We then took the ferry to Alcatraz Island and spent a few hours taking in the history of this former military base and high-security federal prison (only closed down in 1963). We put Katrina & Jackson in the cells once occupied by Al Capone, Robert Stroud ('Birdman of Alcatraz'😉 et al, but they managed to escape, so we had to bring them back with us!

It was good to meet up with Debbie Seglund and enjoy a classic 1960's meal at Mel's Diner.

While Patricia & Katrina did some retail therapy, Mike & Jackson hired bikes and spent 2 hours riding across the Golden Gate Bridge and around the Presidio park area. A good workout in typical SF weather (sunshine-rain-wind-sunshine).

Flying from SF to Honolulu, Hawaii tomorrow...



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb