I Love San Francisco !


Advertisement
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our last full day in this beautiful city, so even though we had a 'slight' hangover thought we should do all the photo shoots we hadn't accomplished yet, especially as we had just heard on the news that an area of California has had a cluster of earthquakes over the last 3 days, so a little worried SF might be next, so better photo it before it disappears !!

So off we went - Lombard Street was our first visit, bit difficult to photograph the crookedest, windiest road in the world, even bloody harder to drive down, it was scary but not half as frightening as driving over a brow of a road and not being able to see the bottom !!! & asking 'Mr useless with a video' to record our effort was not the best idea, as he kept looking at the views & the video camera was pointed at the dashboard, floor anywhere but where the road was !

We then made our way to Alamo Square to see the 'Painted Ladies' houses, very pretty.

Then we made our way to the best vista point in SF, Twin Peaks, where you can get a 360 deg view of the whole city, was a bit windy, being 275m high might have something to do with that, but WOW words cannot describe the view, even the pictures don't do it justice.

Moraga Steps next, this was a project involving 300 neighbours who helped make & lay mosaic tiles up 163 steps, pretty impressive.

So driving over, caught the tram to travel down Market Street, which goes from Castro to Ferry Building, took bloody ages, only worth doing once as the metro train is a lot quicker, although you don't get to see the views underground, mind you some of the sites in Castro you really do not want to see !!

All this site seeing is thirsty work, so off to 21st Amendment we went, a little drinking hole, for some light refreshment, then bimbled home & ordered a Thai take away, good end to the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

CastroCastro
Castro

Look closely ?


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb