Preparing to Adventure


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We are nearly ready! I think. Preparing for a trip this big, preparing for a middle school promotion, and a clients wedding is crazy, but I thought if I planned it well, it would all be ok. Throw in 7 dear friends and family members deaths, jury duty on a murder trial, a burglary, and today the car broke down, and things start getting a little stressful. But, I am, strangely, in a very calm place. I actually did plan for this trip well and we are nearly ready. #2 is out of school in 3 days and the other two in 6.

We are going abroad for six weeks, then one more week traveling in the US when we get home.
First we are visiting New Zealand, or as we like to say, Middle Earth. Everyone we have talked to and everything we read tells us that New Zealand is the most beautiful place on Earth. We are so excited to see it and all the history and culture the Island nation has to offer. But who's kidding who, we are totally going to see where they filmed Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit!!! Being a nerd runs deep in this family.
We will be spending a week on each island. Planning this trip has already brought wonderful local Kiwi's into our life and helped us plan an amazing, adventure filled holiday.

After our adventure from The Shire to Mordor, we will be off to Australia for 4 weeks. We are blessed to be spending most of our time on the East coast visiting with our dear friends The Lamberts and the Williamsons. Sydney, Hurstville Grove, Shell Harbor, Canberra, Kantoomba, and then a few days on our own in Cairns.

I hope you will enjoy following along with us as we adventure and grow.

Blessings to you all!

Advertisement



28th May 2014

Middle Earth.
Middle Earth. One of the reasons I love you gals!!! May your adventure "There and Back Again" be full of fun and fantastic memories!
28th May 2014

Happy
I'm so happy that you guys get to take this epic trip. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb