Point Reyes National Seashore


Advertisement
Published: January 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The first week in December 2009 we left blindly on this trip not knowing much about the place, hoping we would find a good place to sleep, the back country camping permits were available, and trying to beat the first big winter storm for California, succeeding in all three minus a little rain on the hike out.
This place is awesome though, anyone that likes coastal scenery and wildlife this is the place to see it. Unfortunately I forgot the camera so theres only a few pics from our phones but it is beautiful. Although we spent only two days, you could spend a week seeing everything. You can hike, bike, camp, kayak, and swim (in the summer) in this place. While there we saw numerous deer, a couple bobcats, and obviously a bunch of elephant seals.
There are places to stay outside the park, but a hand full of hike in only camping and a youth hostel inside it. We camped out at one of the camp sites only about 100 yards from the beach, originally named Coast Campground. Make sure you check out the Bear Valley Visitor Center, they got all the info. you need to explore the place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Coast CampgroundCoast Campground
Coast Campground

Our tent on nice green grass.
Coast TrailCoast Trail
Coast Trail

Right before the rain came.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb