Paso Robles and Central Coast of California


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Paso Robles is an amazing place to visit. The scenery is unbelievable with green rolling hills and wineries everywhere. It is located on Highway 101 North of San Luis Obispo. The RV park we stayed in was called Vine RV and was beautiful and had a great hot tub and two pools. We used it as a home base as we explored the Central Coast of California.

The first day we drove up 101 to Monterey and went to the Aquarium. It was very interesting. From there we went on to Carmel-By-The-Sea. It was crazy busy so we did not do any walking around but drove around and got the feel of the unique place. After a stop at the Mission for some history of the place we headed on down Highway 1. What a drive that was! It would have been better in a convertible than a big diesel truck, but the scenery was breathtaking around every bend. We stopped at the restaurant in Big Sur and had an early dinner then drove the rest of highway 1 to Pismo Beach area where we cut over to Paso Robles.

Day two we were back to highway 1 to visit the Hearst Castle. We found it to be beautiful but possibly a little over done especially all the gold inlays everywhere including the Roman Pool. The grounds were amazing with all the flowers and fruit trees. Bonnie had a wheel chair for this outing so it was an enjoyable day for her. After our tour at the castle we then went down the highway to Pismo Beach area to see the elephant seals. The beach was covered with them as it was the time for them to shed their skin.

If you every get a chance to visit Paso Robles or drive Highway 1, DO IT!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb