Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, Rancho Mirage, CA


Advertisement
Published: April 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Here we are at Rancho Las Palmas Resort. We have been here for a couple of days. Palm Springs is beautiful and the weather has been very comfortable, although a little chilly in the evenings.

We are here with a group, and when I called to make the reservation I asked about getting an upgraded room, but the reservation specialist assured me all rooms in this resort were the same. Now that we have arrived I find that is not the case. So as much as I like to pay the upgrade and get a nicer room, apparently this hotel isn't big on that type of thing. Regarding the room, it is a very standard room - you know.... bed, desk, TV, closet, bathroom. The rooms don't have mini-fridges or microwaves, but there is a coffee maker.

The room was not ready when we first arrived, so we decided to stop at the restaurant, BluEmber, for lunch. The lunch was mediocre and the service was less than. We found ourselves back at the same restaurant with our group at dinner, and the food was slightly better but the service was still very slow and not very dependable.

I called the spa to get an appointment for a pedicure, but they were not able to accommodate me and referred me to a nail salon in the mall across the street. Strange to give away business, but I guess they don't need my business. I guess it didn't occur to the reservation specialist that I am on vacation and might not have a car.

The group did go off-site for dinner last night to Flemings, and the food was really wonderful and the service impeccable.

Unless something exciting happens, I most likely won't blog again on this trip. Here's my ratings (0 is low/7 is high):

Rancho Las Palamas Resort & Spa: 1-wouldn't stay here again

BluEmber Restaurant: 3-wouldn't go out of my way to eat here

Flemings Restaurant: 5-would eat here again, but only when my wallet is fat 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb