West Coast Girls and Olivier hit the slopes


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Mount Shasta
January 22nd 2008
Published: January 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

I left Cottage Grove after work on Friday. I was a bit anxious about the drive as I was unsure about the weather conditions. However; the road was really clear and I got to Linda's in Yreka, California at about 7:15pm. Linda then drove the remainder of the way to Mount Shasta. Luckily she knew exactly how to get there. Even in the dark you could tell the place was lovely.

Our lodge was right next to the lake and it had a real flame effect fire, which was just as well as it was freezing outside. The roads here were pretty clear too although there was big piles of snow at the sides of the roads so it was clear there was a lot of snow about.


http://www.mountshastaresort.com/lodging.htm

The above website will let you see where we stayed. I lodge actually slept 4 but the more the merrier. Everyone else arrived later as the roads were bad around the Bay Area. This allowed Linda and I to start on the wine.

The next morning we got organised fairly quickly and got up to the slopes. I decided to try boarding along with Linda and the rest chose to ski. Therefore, we were all in beginners lessons. The boarding lessons were a bit sketchy as were our skills, and it was exhausting much harder than ski-ing but we had a fantastic day! We met up with one of Linda's colleagues, Olivier, who ended up joining us for the rest of the weekend. The views were absolutely amazing on the way down the mountain at the end of the day and i don't think my photos do the area justice as we couldn't really stop on the road to take pictures.

That night we had dinner in the restaurant in the resort. It was a nice meal and we were able to walk to and from it. We were all tired but able to stay up late into the night having a laugh!

On the Sunday after a day on the mountain and a late night there were some tired bodies and aching muscles so we were all later up. Unfortunately that meant that due to the fact the place was busy we were too late to have a second day on the slope. However; no one was too disappointed as it meant that we could explore the area. We visited Lake Siskiyou and went for lunch in the town and then on returning to the resort 4 of us each visited the spa to have massages. A very relaxing experience all in all!

Unfortunately as the massages kind of over ran we missed our booking for dinner in Dunsmuir which we were all disappointed at because we had been recommended by many people to try the place. We ended up stopping at a Pizza place and then going back for some more drinks and laughs.

What a great weekend and I think we all realised how lucky we are to have these experiences on our doorstep (with a little bit of driving!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



30th January 2008

Dodgy snowman effort, Jo!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb