Monterey


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
July 20th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

20/07/09 Monday Day 340
After checking out of the hostel we headed only around the corner to Avis to pick up our rental car, which turned out to be a Ford Focus automatic. We were going to head north a bit but since we’re handing it back on Saturday we decided to head south instead. Getting out of San Francisco was pretty easy, again thanks to my trusty phone sat nav! First stop on the way down was Santa Cruz. We had thought about staying here but it was a bit too close to San Francisco for us to stay. We got to the boardwalk in Santa Cruz which is basically a seaside area full of shops and park rides. After some lunch we continued our journey south to Monterey where we were going to stay for the night. We found the tourist information and booked out motel from there. Monterey has a fisherman’s wharf which has a huge harbour area full of boats and shops and restaurants.

21/07/09 Tuesday Day 341
There is a 17 mile drive you can do just outside of Monterey. You have to pay 9 dollars per car to drive it. There’s a load of viewing spots on the way around it which has explanations of it on a map we got at the entrance. Once we had most of that driven we continued our journey.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb