Job at B&Q v.s world travel? Steve's going to have a think about that one....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
September 29th 2007
Published: September 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Tumour MotelWelcome to Tumour MotelWelcome to Tumour Motel

'Come and enjoy our luxurious spa and fresh, clean air for a totally intoxicating experience; you'll leave glowing!'
We decided to stay book another night in the smelly room rather than moving on. Besides, we're really close to the peninsular and the 17-Mile Drive. I saw a rather disconcerting notice near our room this morning, stating there are cancer-causing chemicals present at the facility! So, it's not really a 20-year old carpet smell at all, it's noxious gases permeating the building and killing us all. I asked the receptionist and she said the State requires businesses to provide warnings prior to exposing visitors to chemicals known to cause cancer; it's probably because of the hot tub chemicals they use. Still, not the best advertisement for a comfortable stay.

Steve wanted to go back to the gun shop we popped into yesterday, so we wandered up the road in the morning. It's incredible to think how easy it is to legally buy one of these, if you're resident here of course. Course, it's central to American identity, the right to keep and bear arms. The chap in the shop took great delight in describing the effects of different bullets on impact...

The 17-Mile Drive around the Monterey peninsular is lovely. Those driving need to pay $9 entrance fee,
Are You Feeling Lucky?Are You Feeling Lucky?Are You Feeling Lucky?

'Dis here is a 44 Magnum....
but it's worth it. The views are spectacular. There are a few exclusive golf clubs within the area and some enormous villas with sea views. We stopped off at the featured scenic points to take some photos, had a nice lunch at Pebble Beach Lodge cafe, and made our way back to the motel.

We're off further down the coast tomorrow...


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Watch Out Dom!Watch Out Dom!
Watch Out Dom!

'This is a Red Tip 50 caliber bullet and it could blow a hole in a grizzly THIS big...It does the same job on Silverbacks; Mathew, get me the gun!'
Only in America!Only in America!
Only in America!

Fancy buying an AK?
No Restrooms for 50 MilesNo Restrooms for 50 Miles
No Restrooms for 50 Miles

'What is it bears do in the woods?'
Does This Belong To Justin?Does This Belong To Justin?
Does This Belong To Justin?

Found another little beauty for you, Dom.
Sand, Sea, Sunshine...Sand, Sea, Sunshine...
Sand, Sea, Sunshine...

'What did Lynn say back home, it's p*ssing it down?'
For CarolFor Carol
For Carol

The Lone Cypress has prevailed on its rocky perch for over 250 years and is an icon of fortitude.


Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.3408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb