Hwy 1 Sonoma Coast !!


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.3085, -123.809

Drive the beautiful winding road along the Pacific from Mendocino south and on back to Berkeley

Heading back to Berkeley

We decided to head on back to Berkeley after having another nice breakfast of potatoes, peppers, onions and eggs at the picnic area. We were looking for whales but did not see any.

Decided to drive Highway 1 back to Berkeley and it was a beautiful drive. The weather was perfect for cruising along and traffic for the most part was very light so we were able to take our time and enjoy the scenery. Must say we did pull out quite a few times because it was so beautiful.

We stopped at the Surf Market in Gualala and look around, take a break and have a nice coffee. This was after several stops for some incredible rocks off shore that almost look like a fairy castle. We also picked up some things to make dinner for Paul if he wanted to join us.

Got back to the Outlet, got things unloaded and fixed dinner at the Outlet and had a fairly early evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Highway 1 Mendocino to Bodega Bay Highway 1 Mendocino to Bodega Bay
Highway 1 Mendocino to Bodega Bay

This guy left the Russian Gulch State Park where we were camped. He had made it a goodly distance by the time we packed up after breakfast and caught up with him at an overlook.


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb