Leaving McKinleyville


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sadly, our visit with Jim and Bonnie has come to an end. We are looking forward to our next trip back down and their visit up to Alaska!

Yesterday we went into Eureka and made a stop at AAA for maps. Makes things easier and more fun when you know which direction to head...or not as the case may be with a 25' RV!

Eureka is not a bustling metropolis by any stretch of the imagination. It is a town that is working on revitalization but is not there yet. We did find some BBQ for lunch. I think we will not have BBQ except for when we go back to TX. It was only okay.

Then we headed to Arcata plaza. Walked around the plaza and did some window shopping. Arcata is a nice place to wander in. The Wildberry market is a small version of Natural Pantry and had some local cheeses for is to try out. After that we headed back to the house.

Our intention was to go out to a local brewery for dinner but Mark and Jim thought it would be nicer if we hung out out around the fire pit again. So Bonnie and I heated up a dinner of leftovers. Quite tasty with fancy balsamic vinegar and olive oil from Bonnie's trip to Italy in the recent spring!

Jim took us next door to see the one week old foal. The neighbors have a boarding stable for horses and the owner of the mare did not know she was pregnant or if she was then she was due in August. Surprise!

I also took a picture of the plant that Cate gave a clipping from so I might be able to figure out what it is. My clipping is in a pot of soil on our window sill at home.

Cleaning up the RV, filling water bottles and our plan is to head to Trinidad cemetery first. Spend some time in the peaceful place. It is nice to think about John being here and doing very similar things like we have been doing. Walking the streets, going in the same bookstores, relaxing with Jim and Bonnie in front of the fire...

Then to the REDWOODS!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Unidentified plant!Unidentified plant!
Unidentified plant!

This is the plant that Cate gave me a branch of!


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb