Travel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
December 2nd 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.9439, -118.404

Had an eventful flight to LAX on Thursday. The strong winds made for a bumpy ride and the seat belt signs were on for hours. Plus side was that we landed nearly an hour early at 5:40am. The passenger in the seat in front of me suffered some sort of medical emergency during the night (a stroke perhaps?) and we waited for 40min or so on arrival for the paramedics to assess him and stretcher him off the plane. I don't know if the wait meant we doubled up with other arriving aircraft but it took ages to clear immigration, with long serpentine queues reminding us of Disneyland. Then my luggage didn't arrive (!) and it took some time to get through customs and report the fact to baggage services. Fortunately my bag was located and was delivered later that afternoon :-)

Erin picked us up and after hellos we dropped her at work. Sorted out comms at T-Mobile (we're getting better at this) and visited the Apple Store to get helpful advice on our new watches. Bought lunch and did some Whole Foods shopping for dinner. In the avo we had a nap, cooked dinner, did the washing and had a nice evening at home. We planned a horse-riding week at a dude ranch in Wyoming for early August next year.

Advertisement



6th December 2016

Pleased you arrived safely...What is a dude ranch? Are you both horse riders?
6th December 2016

No, I'm not a horse rider; I'll find something else to do. A Dude Ranch is a cattle ranch that also caters for tourists and visitors.
9th December 2016

Even though we are both "dudes", Sel and I will "chat" about options for the dude ranch. Another four letter word is "golf", right?
18th December 2016

Whole Foods is great isn't it ....though the locals do call it "Whole Paycheck"! Some have bars/pubs inside, which represents a higher form of existence. Wish we had something like Whole Foods Down Under.Regards to Pete and Erin.Lowie.

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb