Our First Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 3rd 2006
Published: September 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok so no pictures as yet, we do have some but the cafe we are in we are unable to upload. But we will defo post them when we can. Ok so yes its AMAZING! we arrived at 8.30 US time but we were so tired as we were still on UK time. Steve of course managed to sleep on the plane and I as usual couldnt sleep and watch three films. We arrived at the hostel to be welcomed or should I say "not welcomed" by the unhappiest man alive. However, the hostel room is lovely, with marble bathroom and two huge double beds, fresh towels even soap! yay! Today we have walked miles and our feet are killing. We visted Santa Monica Boulevard.......Amanda coulnt help sing the Sheryl Crow song the whole time "Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard". Santa Monica Pier where we still managed to get a round of golf in......amanda got a hole in one in the first hole and won by one shot......are we obsessed??............yes you were right it was mini golf but hey ho! And no he didn let me win!
We walked to Venice Beach which was something else, street entertainers and it very much reminded us of Camden Town with the market stall etc. Sanata Monica Pier was sad as there was a tribute to the 1000 US troopers that died n Afghanistan and there were 1000 crosses in the sand to represent each person. Very touching and hard hitting. We saw many fisherman on the pier and a great guy playing a keyboard and singing...which was very impressive and if he doesnt make it as an artist then there is no hope. The long wlak and getting slighty lost was energetic but fun to see Venice and pretty much the whole of LA. The muscle men on the beach were hilarious and Steve put them to shame as you can imagine. And seeing the rollerbladers like in the movies were impressive. The whole place is a film set. Disney tomorrow and we will post more on Thursday. Had yummy fattening food and there are fast food joints every metre.
Love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



4th September 2006

Muscle men
Im sure you fitted right in with all those muscle men steve..... Hope you showed them your guns!!!!
4th September 2006

"Yippee!"
So glad you arrived safely and without mishap.We're thinking of you (and envying) constantly.Your report is great - painting a word picture of your movements - we can imagine the scenes and your excitement. Watch that fast food - the triple burgers and foot long dogs - you'll be "bustin' out" if you don't ease off . We remember!! Are you sharing the typing? Can't wait for the next instalment. Take care! Love to both from the "old codgers"
20th September 2006

wow!!
Hey, sounds like you are having an amazing time. Works manic at the moment, but we are getting through it. You have been to some amazing places and i cant wait to hear about it and see the pictures when you come back in December. No real goss, Steve is leaving soon, and siobhan and our 2 new strarters are great. No more work talk though, im so jealous that you are travelling. I wish I was there too!!. Could do with a tan. Well better go, sounds like you are having an amazing time and I will keep looking at the site for updates on your travels. (And Amanda - dont worry, Ill be here when you get back)

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb