Thank you Mr Getty!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
January 9th 2013
Published: February 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I visited LA in Winter 1981 and didn't enjoy the city. How fortunate I am to have been able to return and change my opinion...I love it!

Perhaps we are in one of the better areas of the metropolis, the Miracle Mile on Wilshire Bouleveard, 200 mts from the LACMA .We are using the buses to get around and are doing very well. For $1.50 we can ride to Santa Monica Pier or Downtown.

Yesterday we did just that and then walked 8 miles down to Venice Beach and back, taking in the colourful performers, skateboarders, keep fit followers, junkies, dog walkers etc. as we admired the beachfront properties and the waves of the Pacific.

Today we bused it up to the Getty Centre and spent 4 hours in this unique haven to art and beauty. An immaculate complex, run and organized to perfection with stunning gardens too and breathtaking views of the city below. It didn't cost a penny and we had endless choices of places to eat our sandwiches in the sun.

This evening we took the 720 to downtown, walked amongst the high rise buildings, mostly banks around California Plaza and had 'dinner' in the Grand Central Market at a Chinese noodle stall. Great fun and we spent $8.50 total!

The bus ride 'home' was entertaining to say the least with fellow passengers of all sorts, bag ladies, vagabonds, drunks, their origins as diverse as their historys...

Los Angeles, the place to expect the unexpected.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb