Drinkin', smokin', straight West Coastin'


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in LA last night after a plane journey from New York City that went via Dallas, Texas to drop off/pick up more people, bit annoying having to wait almost an hour while they attempted to clean the plane n that. I kept up with my metro usage on the first day in a new city, wish I hadn't though!! Almost 2 hours treck from the airport through downtown LA and up to Hollywood. South LA and Downtown looked and felt like a right shit hole, no offence! but Jesus H I did nooo feel too safe!! Anyroad, made it to the Banana hostel, checked in and raided the vending machine for dinner (Oreos and cheese Doritos if you must know) as I was too paranoid to walk the streets after some of the freaks I encountered on the way from the metro! Seemed like Hollywood Boulevard East is a bum and freak show after 10pm! Crashed out at 11 and got up for breakfast (Cheerios and toast, standard US hostel breakfast).



Just been walking up to West Hollywood and back down Sunset Strip. Zero to report!! Not much going on apart from about a million people trying to get you in the back of their van for an LA tour for $60, tattoo parlours, real seedy stripper clothes shops, smoke head shops just a bit random..think I might get a cab to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive at some point in the next few days!!





Best thing I've found so far is the free washer / dryer at the Hostel..all over that later on!





Mouse x


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb