Throw Out the Bathwater But Not the Baby


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
December 27th 2009
Published: December 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

By Melisse.
Over thirty years ago Charlie and I segued our solid friendship into a marriage. Between the stress of New York City living and our mismatch of personal goals at the time, with broken hearts we decided to divorce. We knew we still loved each other, we felt we were soul mates but not life mates. It was a very difficult reality to embrace. As time healed our emotional wounds we recovered the goodness of our friendship while pairing up with new life partners/spouses. We discovered we all totally love and enjoy spending time with each other. Over the years Dave and I have spent many weekends in LA with Charlie, his wife, Briana, and son, Jordan. Last week we set up a plan with Briana to surprise Charlie on his birthday. We were all delighted with the plan’s successful outcome and enjoyed several days together. Then Dave and I, unbeknownst to each other, each invited Charlie, Bri and Jordan to join us camping in Joshua Tree. They came along with their poodles, Chester and Lily and we all had a blast. It is most gratifying to have saved the goodness of our relationship while it is augmented exponentially by the good fortune of sharing our loved ones all around.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Charlie with Wife #2 and Wife #1Charlie with Wife #2 and Wife #1
Charlie with Wife #2 and Wife #1

It's a chronological thing.


27th December 2009

thanks
Man, that is how it is done....what a lovely thing for all of you.....so very adult! Love, Love, Love always the answer Jim
28th December 2009

Happy People and pups
I loved this particular blog....I was at a party today with our very big extended blended family, and it was just a very sweet time. I connected on a very deep level with your message in this......love can be expressed in so many ways and I felt that a lot today at my brother's house. Miss you guys so much!!!
4th January 2010

#2
just have to observe that wife #2 doesn't have gray hair....jk your lives are lovely! xoxox

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb