america


Advertisement
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

hi everyone..
okay so sophie and i have been in america for a whole week now which is pretty scary in itself..
its been a weird couple of days getting used to being away and the strange things about the states.. but weve been keeping ourselves busy and so just to make you all wish you were here with us heres what weve been up to..
weve walked allllll the way along sunset strip and onto hollywood boulevard which took almost a whole day (people laugh a LOT when you try to walk anywhere in LA) surprisingly there wasnt that much to see and we both came to the conclusion that hollywood is not all its cracked up to be.. we did however meet a lovely man (haha.) on the bus on the way home who told us all about american cuisine.. italian fooooooood and thai fooooood and mexican foooooood and foooooooood in general.. weve been advised to try claaaaam chowder when were in san fran.. i guess its something to keep in mind. people have on the whole been very friendly and helpful and VERY interested in anything we tell them about england.. it has always come as something of a shock that sophs and i arent even related, let alone twins!!
also this week weve been to san diego with two really lovely danish girls who have been staying at our hostel.. its was very relaxed and beachy there with some yummy (nearly authentic) mexican food.. just to add further glamour to our day out, we decided to take advantage of one of the many shows in LA and so went to watch some of the auditions for americas got talent.. which was.. interesting: we saw a 55 year old singing fairy, a drag quartet, an opera-techno singer and many other oddities..
on sunday we were in need of some culture and went to the beautiful getty center in the north of the city.. the views of LA were amazing, as was the building and gardens themselves, not to mention some pretty awesome arty things too..
the last two days in LA were pretty lazy.. weve wandered around downtown and also happened upon a wonderful street just a few blocks from our hostel full of cute little houses and shops which was totally different from anywhere else that weve been to whilst were here.. weve also enjoyed being near the beach; there have been plenty of opportunities for people watching.. including a guy who rides around on his skateboard with his dog-thats-shaved-to-look-like-a-lion who does this awesome trick of jumping up onto the mans arm as he skates..
today we made the lonnnnng trip from los angeles to las vegas, made much easier by the fantastic hedi and jeanette, who have invited us to drive with them to san fransisco too.. weve wound up in a rather bizarre mint green and lavender coloured place at the end of the main strip.. weve yet to properly explore but are planning on doing so in the morning..
hope youre all well.. it would be great to hear from you if we havent already (and great to hear from you again if we already have!)
lots and lots of love ngaio and sophie xxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



6th April 2008

Glad to hear from you
It is wonderful to hear that you are having a good time there. We last hear Kimmy was in Boston and was heading for Niagra. He has not replied to my last few emails though. I will let you know if I hear of anything new and please let me know if he has been in touch with you too. Take care My

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb