Venice Beach


Advertisement
Published: November 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

View of the PacificView of the PacificView of the Pacific

A view from the road between Morro Bay and LA
Yesterday we woke up to sweltering hot sunshine and set off to find something for breakfast. There was a little breakfast cafe just up the road from the hotel which was good. We left Morro Bay and headed south for Los Angeles. We passed some fabulous scenery along the way and found a place called Carpinteria where we stopped for a while on the beach and had some lunch. While we were walking to the beach Chloe discovered, much to her amusement, that I had left one of the stickers on the back of my new jeans. After lunch we made the final part of our journey to LA. We found our hotel, for the next four days, in amongst the traffic congestion. To kill some time in the evening we found a shopping mall which included Chloe’s favourite shop, Wal-Mart. I found myself a pair of Wrangler jeans for $14.99 so I am beginning to see the attraction.

This morning we woke up once again to some fabulous sunshine, so we decided to take the opportunity to visit Venice Beach. The sun was absolutely scorching ( sorry to keep rubbing it in) once again. We walked along the beach
Oil RigOil RigOil Rig

An oil platform
and stopped for lunch at the waterfront cafe where we were entertained by an old man playing guitar and singing. I wanted to sing along but once I saw the embarrassed look on Chloe’s face I had to stop. After we had finished our lunch and people watching, we walked back along the various shops and street entertainers until we came to one who seemed a little louder than the rest. We stopped to see what the attraction was and found that he was about to walk over broken glass barefoot. He put on a bit of a show, which was very funny, the climax of which was when he jumped off a chair onto a pile of broken bottles! From there we went back to the car and decided to pay another visit to Beverley Hills. As we were driving along Sunset Boulevard we saw someone outside Tower records who was attracting a lot of attention, so we stopped and went to investigate and found hat there was a man and a cow in the car park, we later discovered that it was David Lynch who was promoting his new film.

We then toured around Beverley Hills and
Carpinteria BeachCarpinteria BeachCarpinteria Beach

Chloe on Carpinteria Beach
rediscovered the house with all the Ferraris outside, this time there were ten there. By this time our hunger dictated that we found some food so we headed back to the hotel. On the way we spotted KFC so we stopped and tried one of their Famous Bowls which was delicious.

Tomorrow we may go to San Diego if I can get Chloe out of bed early enough.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Carpinteria BeachCarpinteria Beach
Carpinteria Beach

Carpinteria Beach
Venice BeachVenice Beach
Venice Beach

Venice Beach
Venice BeachVenice Beach
Venice Beach

Venice Beach
Venice Beach EntertainerVenice Beach Entertainer
Venice Beach Entertainer

The Broken Glass Walker on Venice Beach


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb