Driving to Las Vegas


Advertisement
Published: November 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Baywatch stylee truckBaywatch stylee truckBaywatch stylee truck

On Manhattan Beach
Another big breakfast and got in the tank to go check out the local shops etc before heading to Vegas.

We walked along the pier on Manhattan beach and then went to a "Mall", which is a large collection of shops, similar to what we would call a shopping centre.

We had lunch and decided to have salad to be healthy and when asked if we wanted half portions or not, stupidly chose not to (come on only anorexics would order half portions of salad, seriously!). The problem arose due to the fact that the salads came with chicken (fine, except it was about 2 chickens worth), bacon (not so good, but was half an f'ing pig!!), egg (guess what, about 15 eggs crumbled up on the side of the plate!) oh, and cheese, yes plenty of cheese. And it was topped with a couple of gallons of ranch dressing.

Junior, who was our "server" or waiter as we call them, was very attentive. He informed "y'all" that the bread we had ordered was his favorite thing on the menu and what a good choice it was. But he did keep taking our drinks away when they were still half full. Fortunatly he replaced them with full ones within about 30 seconds. It all seems a bit wastful!
So it was with many "thanks y'all" and "y'all have a safe trip now" that we left our healthy luncheon venue to continue our epic quest Eastward to Las Vegas...

We stopped in the middle of the desert en route, at the place of legend, a "Taco Bell". All the times I've watched Demolition Man and listened to Electric 6 could not have prepared me for the wonder of a real "Taco Bell" (Amy was suitibly impressed too). We had nachos at a cost of about 75p, again enough to feed a small family.

Onwards to Vegas!!!!

Out of the darkness of the Desert, arose a glimmaring vision, a neon Behemoth arising from the dry arid landscape...
Pure Tack-on-a-stick... we drove down Las Vegas Boulevard, with all the big hotels and arrived at our residence, which looked like it was right out of Dynasty.

Once we were checked in, it was down to the casino for a bit of gamblin'. Over the road to Slots-A-Fun, where Rob doubled his money on Blackjack and got free Margaritas
The DesertThe DesertThe Desert

This is where we stopped for Taco Bell!
just for sitting there being fat...

99c beer and chicken wings and a bit more gamblin' later we were off to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb