Hollywood and a friendly ghost....


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

HollywoodHollywoodHollywood

Hollywood sign in the hills
We left an hour and a half behind our planned schedule today, bloody alarm!

We continued on Route 101 through towns/cities such as Guadalupe, Santa Barbara and Ventura then into Hollywood.

No sooner had we parked we were jumped on by people trying to sell us the tours. Joe and mum wanted to do this anyway, so we bartered for a price and booked them on one that left almost immediately. Myself and Nige unsurprisingly went and waited in a bar! We had a few drinks then made our way back to meet them, they both really enjoyed it.

We soon left Hollywood (I still think its quite a dirty place!) and made our way to the Queen Mary where we are staying for the night. Although it was 16:30 our room wasn't ready so - off to the bar!! We read some leaflets on haunted rooms etc, then booked in - Room B402, right next to a haunted one....... Great. So with that in mind, Me and Joe went and booked on for the 'Paranormal night tour of the Queen Mary' We had a couple of hours spare so went for dinner at the 'Chelsea' a lower
Looking over LALooking over LALooking over LA

On the bus tour
class restaurant!! Then got ready for our tour (Nige chickened out!)

We met at the designated place and soon began erm, worrying shall we say! There were 15 of us in total but only us actually sleeping on the Queen Mary! We were given flashlights 1 per couple - Joe grabbed that! The tour began with a chat about the apparent ghosts and how they can scatch and slap you - OMG - Now we were really worrying. First stop was at a lower deck and a ghost called John who died whilst at work on the Queen Mary aged 18, They nickname him Casper as he is quite playful, then suddenly a lift shaft came down - It apparently doesn't get used at night, so naturally that got the tour off to a good a start. They did make contact with John through some dowsing rods, and different people using them - that was quite cool. It was then on to Henry who died in an explosion in the boiler room, he appears not to be so friendly, luckily no contact was made, however on the camera we did pick up a few orbs here. We then went 40 foot below sea level and done a seance in complete darkness - This was scary, I don't think me and Joe could have held each other any tighter! I whispered to Joe that I could see something to my left, then someone else in the group screamed and a few people turned their lights on - She had seen the same thing. I then felt a drip of water on my arm - I absoutely crapped it - What was it??? Joe bloody sweating!! It was then back upstairs to the swimming pool area, nothing was picked up here, but when we entered the shower cubicles it got pretty creepy. We was told to stand in a cubicle in pairs and look down the end, It started getting really fuzzy and after about 5 minutes we could both see a figure, then the host said a man was standing down there. She then said there was something standing in cubicle 2 (OUR BLOODY CUBICLE....!!) Thank god, neither of us could feel anything, not sure what it was but she asked if we had headaches.... There is so much more I could put on here, but you'll have to wait till I get back. Whether it was set up or not (and I don't think it was) it was brilliant.

We eventually found our way back to our room and surprisingly wasn't scared - it was, strangely, quite relaxing.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Kodak TheatreKodak Theatre
Kodak Theatre

Where they now present the Oscars
JoeJoe
Joe

With Sharon Stone's star
Aaaah note room B403Aaaah note room B403
Aaaah note room B403

Next door to ours
At the ChelseaAt the Chelsea
At the Chelsea

Over looking Rainbow Harbour
Orb, after seanceOrb, after seance
Orb, after seance

The orange ball like thing floating by the wall is an orb - These can be - ghosts, angels, spirits, energy fields or balls or other paranormal phenomenon.
Enlarged OrbEnlarged Orb
Enlarged Orb

This is the same orb, but I zoomed in, notice the fringing - this is it 'travelling'
Joe in pool changing roomsJoe in pool changing rooms
Joe in pool changing rooms

This was taken just after the host said there was something inbetween us in the shower cubicle!! Check out that face (notice I declined my picture being taken!!)
Joe and hostJoe and host
Joe and host

Joe after the tour with Erika Frost our paranormal guide..


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb