Venice beach/Hollywood


Advertisement
Published: May 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So a couple of days ago we thought we walk along the beach from santa monica to Venice beach. Along the way theres that famous path for all the roller skaters and cyclists, which we walked along. The closer we got the more wierdos we saw, everyone looked like they were on drugs, all of them obviously protesting against the governement and everything thats not green. Then we reached muscle beach! A weights gym outdoor on the beach fully equipped with a totally ripped man nothing but a leopard print thong! Walking along we started to miss middle america. California is like a completly different world to the rest of the country, but all experiences nonetheless.
Were really enjoying santa monica, its a nice area and the big food court is amazing and so cheap! the hostel is in a great position and most evenings we walk along the promenade and watch the street performers. Wether's also less cloudy now!
Today we took the bus up to Hollywood. Its a really scary place! It was cool to see the Hollywood sign and the walk of fame, but the attention seemed to be on the scientology centres and strip clubs.
Fiji in only 5 days which were both so excited about, everyone we meet tells us its paradise. We'll blog again before we leave.
Loads of love xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb