Trampy Hollywood


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Superstar TrevSuperstar TrevSuperstar Trev

Ive made it big in Hollywood!!!
Back in LA again from our first experiance of the city it was quite a smoggy traffic fumed town filled with lots of strange people and beggars. Sadly we had not yet been to Hollywood so we had to get a train back from San Francisco back to LA and spent a few nights there to make sure we had been to all the tourist sights. We stayed right off of Hollywood Blvd in a cheap but funky hostel where we managed to see a free commedy show and scrounge a free BBQ, when traveling free food is always a bonus!! What everyone first does in Hollywood is walk along the Hollywood walk of fame so ofcourse we had to do that, the actual street is more shabby then you would expect and you cant go 20m without somone asking you if you have a dollar! There are also some very strangely dressed people walking around. Most of the stars on the walk of fame we had not heard of however we did manage to find some well known ones that you will all know (take a look at the pics)

Overall the walk of fame is pretty overated, but
Ozzy Ozzy OzzyOzzy Ozzy OzzyOzzy Ozzy Ozzy

Its our favourite Brummy!
you can't go to LA and not visit it. Along the Blvd we also visited the Kodak theatre which is where the oscars held every year once again its pretty much just a fancy cinema I spent most time trying my best to feel impressed, there were however alot of japanese people who wouldn't stop taking pictures they seemed like they were thrilled to be there! My favourite part of the Blvd was Grauman's Chinese Theatre where all the famous stars put there hand prints in concrete and sign them, its also a place where lots of famous films have had there premiers such as the star wars movies (geeky)!!! Also we had a Macdonalds there which was the worst in the world, just thought id add that! Finally you can't go to Hollywood Blvd and not take a picture of the Hollywood sign which you can see bellow, it wasn't all that amazing and we couldn't be bothered to go take a closer picture...lazy backpackers that we are.

Later that day Kim dragged me to a place called the ' Grove' so kim could take a look at all the posh shops, she was all excited becuase we
Marilyn MansonMarilyn MansonMarilyn Manson

Alright its Marilyn Monroe....
went to Rodeo Drive from the film 'Pretty woman'.....The area did look rather swank and I felt very under dressed, there were lots of limo's driving round and plenty of huge hummers!

Next day we went to Venice beach which took an hour bus drive everything in LA is spread out. American buses are full of some of the strangest people you will ever meet and unlike British buses there are always people making conversation with eachother which we are just starting to get used to. Venice beach itself was actualy nicer than I thought it would be nice sand and water and plnty of shops along the strip. Once again its full of strange people, also its known as muscle beach becuase loads of people workout in outside gym's (just showing off is you ask me), there are volley ball courts everywhere and lots of people playing basket ball. You can also get the best pizza for a couple of bucks!! Sadly we didnt see any famous people while in Hollywood but it was more than made up for it by the amount of strange folk ( if you haven't guessed by now California is full of wierdo's)! While in the hostel we were suprised to see two friends (Sonya and Danielle) walk in who we had first met in Fiji turn up. After 2 days we had had enough of Hollywood and on the 2nd evening we left for San Diego.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The Chinese TheatreThe Chinese Theatre
The Chinese Theatre

its looks very chinesery!!
Use the ForceUse the Force
Use the Force

Having a geeky moment I coulnd't miss taking a picture of this!
Hey BubbaHey Bubba
Hey Bubba

Kim with some more famous people you might know!
HollywoodHollywood
Hollywood

Yes its the world famous Hollywood sign oooooo
Venice BeachVenice Beach
Venice Beach

At least half the people in this picture will be homeless or strange, the other half will be foriegn :-P
White man can't jumpWhite man can't jump
White man can't jump

Actualy there was a very old white hippie looking guy playing basketball, though he couldn't really jump well anymore....
School BusSchool Bus
School Bus

Just thought id add this in here, they are everywhere in the states.


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb