Hollywood


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hollywood




Monday 11th January

After spending a wonderful Christmas and New Year in Arizona with Rick's family we were back on with our travels again. We were up at 5.30am to fly from Phoenix to LAX which was an easy 90 minute journey. Once we'd picked up our baggage we jumped on the Prime-Time Shuttle which for only $15 takes you directly to your hostel. We were staying at the Banana Bungalow which was located on Hollywood Blvd. For the price and location it was brilliant. Although you did have to remember to turn left towards the Chinese Theatre when you leave. If you turn right you are quickly surrounded by hookers and crack heads.

We started our day by walking down Hollywood Blvd checking out the Walk of Fame. A few blocks down we were offered tickets for a city tour at less than half the going rate, so we jumped on. The bus driver/tour guide obviously loved what he did and knew absolutely everything about Hollywood and to remember everything he pointed out would be impossible! Lizzy was over-excited at seeing the spot where Richard Gere picked up Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman and the apartment blocks she stayed at (one for all the girls there). From there we moved onto Beverley Hills driving round the homes/mansions of Jennifer Anniston, Courtney Cox, Tom Cruise, Jonny Depp, Julia Roberts and more. We also saw the mansion where Batman was filmed.

When we finished the tour we walked to the Chinese Theatre however we found that it was blocked off as 'The Book of Eli' was premièring there that evening. We carried on and walked the full length of Hollywood Blvd.

After a bite to eat we went back to the Chinese Theatre and saw Denzel Washington arrive plus all the other stars of the movie.


Tuesday 12th January

We went back to the Chinese Theatre to see the famous hand and foot prints now all the premier was cleared away. Spent a while taking pictures and seeing quite how big Will Smiths feet are! Not all stars wanted their names in the pavement, the likes of Julia Roberts and Marlon Brando refused claiming they didn't want to seek any further publicity.
We then walked to Sunset Blvd to the walk of fame but rock style!

In the afternoon we went to Rodeo Drive and got to see how the other half spend their money! It was crazy... the best bit for Lizzy was going into the Beverley Wiltshire Hotel again from Pretty Woman!

In the evening we went online to try and book up some accommodation for when we arrive in Auckland, New Zealand. There didn't seem to be much available online that looked decent so we left it, thinking nothing of it, assumed in a big city we shouldn't have any problem...

The shuttle picked us up from our hostel at 8pm to take us to the airport. Our flight to Auckland was scheduled at 11:30pm, can't believe we've got nowhere to stay once we arrive!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb