Polar Bear Run Jamestown CA - 1/3/15


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Jamestown
January 6th 2015
Published: January 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

2 days later and we’re doing it all over again, ice on the rooftops but what the hell the bike is coming out. This time we’re ahead of the game I got hand warmers an Al has his cloves from Germany, so hopefully fingers will stay warm, hahahaha.

Back to Dianna’s house for round two, now we’re off to pick up a few more people and make our way toward Jamestown Harley Davidson. Stopped in Sloughhouse to get gas but Al already got his so we took a smoke break. Hardly anyone smokes and it feels awkward to always be the ones on the sideline lighting up, oh well tomorrow we try to quit.

By the way hand warmers are not performing very well, fingers and toes are icy. Hwy 49 was a pretty ride, everything is all green, cows are all along the road and they’re smiling, they better be - they’re California cows.

Got to Jamestown around noon and there was quite a crowd, mingled a little and watching for Ken and Lisa. O.k. they’re here let’s go eat and have a drink, decided to stay in Jamestown and split from the group, so we ended up at the Willow Steak House. What a cute little place, glad we went there instead of Murphy’s. I think we finally made it to Murphy’s by 2ish. Can’t go to Murphy’s and not go to the old Murphy’s Hotel and of course another Bloody Mary. Fun times! Youhooo here is our little crowd that was originally with us, talked some more smack with them, said good bye and started heading back toward home with Ken and Lisa.

Never leave without saying good bye to our friends, so the Wet Spot in Drytown is usually the last stop. Love that little hole in the wall bar, just beer and wine but it’s all good. I seem to be the only one heading straight for the bar while the rest of them went across the street to get coffee from MC Hammer Pants, I will tell you about him later because he deserves a whole paragraph and I’m pressed for time – writing this on my lunch.

Alan was there and he is starting to look like shit again, next time I’m gonna comb his hair LOL. Alan owns the Bar and has been struggling with it for years, but somehow he always manages to keep the bar open. He’s a great musician and if you’re ever in the area he plays every Sunday afternoon around 4.

Another great day is coming to an end but there will be many more this year J

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb