Getting use out of all of Hyatt


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Indian Wells
November 27th 2020
Published: November 30th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Daddy and kidsDaddy and kidsDaddy and kids

The best thing is to hold them all tight
We had a list of things that we could do in the 3 nights and 2 1/2 days at the hotel and got through almost all of it in the first day! The kids could hardly hold back their excitement as they gobbled up breakfast in the room of cereal, bananas, and yogurt. Vivian knows to put on her floaties and used her sister's help to buckle it to look adorable walking around and ready to jump in the water. We got to the pool at 8:30 a.m. and were probably the first ones out since the bigger pool and water slide didn't open until 9:00. Most of the area was shaded and felt about 10 degrees colder but the kids didn't care and were excited for the kiddie pool water slide to open. They toughed out the cold as they found a fun pool to play in that was 1 foot deep all around.

When the kiddie slide opened, Nathan went down it over and over again and Vivian rode in Steve's lap to slide down as she waited for the lifeguard to give the thumbs-up signal before she gave her own thumbs-up and slid down the slide to
Divot!Divot!Divot!

At the Indian Wells golf course we played on the putting greens and tried to hit our balls across bridges
the pool where Nathan and Rosie were waiting. Vivian would give the baby sign for "more" with her finger and say "mo," point at the slide, and nod her head with her tongue out to indicate she wanted to go again. We lasted until 9:30 in the shaded area until we needed to go find and reserve some spots in sun by the pool with the duel water slides and lazy river. The girls waded on the steps while Nathan went down the big water slide several times each with Steve and Tory. The girls also had fun playing with divers and then eventually got out in the sun with Tory for a while as Steve and Nathan rode tubes down the lazy river.

The lazy river ended up being a really fun game where Nathan got under the tube and towed it around while Steve sat back and steered. After a few loops, Rosie wanted to join and jumped until Steve and became "Rotor" the motorboat as Nathan was nicknamed "Tug" the tugboat. They did this for a long time as Tory and Vivi took pictures, ordered lunch and played together in the chairs. We got out to
Swimmer girlsSwimmer girlsSwimmer girls

Big smiles from our family fish!
enjoy lunch and then Tory and Vivian joined the chain in the lazy river and floated around some more for good family fun in the sun. We tried to have everyone nap back at the room but only Vivian and Tory slept. Rosie tried for a little while but was too excited to sleep and evenally watched some shows on the iPad. Steve took Nathan over the Indian Wells courses and played around on the putting greens called "Shots in the Dark" after a game they play at night there under bright lights. It was sort of a mini golf game that included Nathan taking full swings with his plastic toy clubs until he broke the head of one of the clubs off hitting a real golf ball. Still, there was lots of laughs as Steve and Nathan tried hitting golf balls across bridges, over creeks, and long distances to make it into holes.

Vivian was woken up early from her nap and Rosie never did so we had time to try something else fun and play some Tennis. This experiment was very cute in the way that Rosie and Vivian looked in their skirts and the way that
Sliding boySliding boySliding boy

Must have done this slide and the big slide about 20 times each every day
Nathan tried and mostly missed hitting tennis balls. Tory showed off some natural skills but even she would say she needs improvement. It was especially hard to play with kids draped around your legs and often times a wandering Vivian would suddenly become a walking target on the court...a fun game to try to avoid hitting the kids I guess. From there we went out the dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and a place called "The River" in Rancho Mirage. We seemed to get special treatment when Steve mentions he works are the Corporate Office, but the kids would still normally scarf down a loaf of brown bread and strawberry lemonade regardless. e thEveryone was starving after a full day of activity and we must've gone through 7 loaves of bread. It was quite a funny scene as Vivian pushed Rosie back to the van in an umbrella stroller (With Steve's help) as one on-looker was surprised to see this little 1 year old pushing her 4-year old sister. We definitely had a great day of memories and the kids were overall well-behaved except for the few tired temper tantrums from Vivian and Rosie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Daddy's baby girlDaddy's baby girl
Daddy's baby girl

She would give the sign for more with her fingers, point to the slide, and nod her head again and again to go
Fish out of water!Fish out of water!
Fish out of water!

They loved playing with the divers on the steps
Tennis TimeTennis Time
Tennis Time

Vivian actually had fun the whole time, but this picture caught her in a sad moment.
WhiffWhiff
Whiff

Almost!


Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb