Let's go on a safari


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Escondido
August 12th 2015
Published: August 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well, I certainly can't say we rushed out of the house this morning. We were both due for a good long sleep, which we got. After taking longer than necessary to wake up and get functioning, we left to go a couple blocks away to Snooze, a brunchy place that had great reviews. It was apparently super popular, since at 10:something on a Wednesday morning it had a 45 minute wait. We went to a nearby juice place to get something to hold us over, and walked around the neighborhood until our table was ready. When we finally got seated, it was time for a good old American breakfast: an egg-cheese-ham breakfast sandwich for Serena, and some fancy Eggs Benedict sandwich for me.

We then made our way back to the house and got ready to head out, which took a bit of time. We drove up to Escondido, where the Safari Park is, although we did stop on the way to make the first of many likely Target runs for this road trip. This time, it was for sunscreen, a cooler, and a couple other basics.

Up at the Safari Park, we just wandered around and saw all the animals. We took the tram ride that takes you into the actually safari part - the Safari Park is part traditional zoo, part open area where the animals can intermingle as they would in the wild. My brethren (giraffes) were of course there, as were many antelope, some local animals, and one of the only four Northern White Rhinos in the world (the other 3 are under 24-hour guard in Kenya). We got to see a young cheetah, some weird animals, and some cool animals. Really, the best way to describe it is photos.

For dinner, we went to a local sushi place. Nothing fancy, just a good night of rest before tomorrow, when we head out to begin the grand adventure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb