Lunch with a chipmunk


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Bishop
September 10th 2011
Published: September 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we left Yosemite National Park to continue onto Bishop, our stopover place on the way to Death Valley. We took the Tioga Road, which is a high road that runs across Yosemite, above the valley. We stopped off at a picnic area for lunch and spotted a chipmunk sitting nearby on a rock. Simon threw down some crisps (blatant disregard for the rules about not feeding wild animals!) and the chipmunk rushed straight over. It was very cute and had ridiculously fat cheeks! It seemed to enjoy Lays ready salted crisps. It was larger than the chipmunks I see in Maryland and the ones we saw at Glacier point.
The rest of the drive went smoothly with more great views. We briefly detoured through Mammoth Lakes for a cream bun and tea. I also saw some tiny chipmunks rushing across the road around there. Now we’re at the Vagabond Inn. I was slightly dubious about what this place would be like. Bishop is a small town clustered around a highway and mainly consists of fast food joints and motels. The motel is classic US style, with two storeys and a long balcony running along the front. The room is actually OK though - I trusted TripAdvisor on which motel to pick and it seems fine. Now just got to decided where to try for dinner...Denny’s, Taco Bell....


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb