Day 2: Safeway Supermarket Sweep, Berkeley Hills (Jan 2015)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Berkeley
January 10th 2015
Published: February 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 10th January 2015

It was pretty late in the afternoon by the time we woke up on Saturday.

After a late meal, we were off to Safeway Supermarket to stock up on our weekly necessities. Together with the landlord, the three of us took a 30 minutes walk to the store.

Along the way, they were quick to point out some of the sights and history of the Albany neighbourhood. The township that I stayed was within the vicinity of Berkeley Hills, a very safe haven where it was possible to hang around the neighbourhood even late at night.

Getting to the San Francisco city centre involved a fair bit of luck on the public buses to bring me to the Downtown Berkeley BART Station. From there, depending on the time of the day and week, train transfers would be required at Oakland City. The commute could take anywhere between 40 minutes to an hour on the buses and trains.

The Safeway Supermarket that we went this afternoon pretty much contained the food items that we required. This is a neighbourhood store which offered steep discounts for members. I managed to stock up a fair bit of berries, yogurts and ice-cream. In the evening, H cooked a meal of Pasta Bolognese and this portion was good enough to last a couple of days.

No sight-seeing plans were penned for the rest of the evening as I spent the remainder of the day chit-chatting with the landlord and fellow tenants.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 1.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 87; dbt: 0.9478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb