Our Winter 2010-11 Trip Entry 4


Advertisement
Published: November 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=Jkjy9ML3MU0]

Tue. Nov. 15



Sat around camp until after lunch then we headed out to find a few Geocaches. The first one was an interesting place, an old 50s resort, but it was a "did not find" for the cache. We took the long way back to camp and stumbled on the newest Sky Art Sculpture, a very large Sea Serpent, swimming throught the desert and under the road. After that we stopped for another Geocacheat the Borrego Gomphotherium Sculpture and found this one. Then back to camp.

Wed. Nov. 16



Today I removed one of the bedroom window shades because the string had broken. While in the Phoenix area I bought the string needed to restring it. When I got it apart I noticed the spring was streached out so we made a run into town to the local hardware store to get a new spring. The hardware store is worth a visit even if you don't need anything, all sorts of goodies and a lot of Christmas decorations that I think we saw there 2 years ago. They didn't have the exact spring I needed but they did have one I thought would work and it did. Now the shade slides up and down like new.

Thur. Nov. 17



While in the Phoenix area I bought a new radio for the VW. Got it out today to install only to find that it looked like someone had already installed it and then returned it to Walmart. There were missing parts amd after I got it installed, the remote for it didn't work. So we wil use it until we get to a Walmart so I can exchange it for a new one that I will open to make sure it is all there. This evening we watched the Broncos beat the Jets 17 - 13...WooHoo!

Fri. Nov. 18



This morning we went to the Farmers Market at Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs and Wendy picked up some produce while I walked Gordon around the park. After the market we found a few Geocaches then drove out Coyote Canyon about 4.5 miles. Our Garmin and the map showed we could do a loop drive back to town but found the road we wanted to use had beed closed by the State Park so it was back the same way. On the way back to camp we stoipped and found 3 more Geocaches for a total of 5 finds today.

Sat. Nov. 19



Never left camp today Wendy did some cleaning in the motorhome and I did nothing. It's a hard life.

Sun. Nov. 20



Another day at camp. Watch football on TV and that's about it. Gordon did get his usualy walks, we're all getting a lot of exercise. Thank you Gordon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

CoyoteCanyonDriveCoyoteCanyonDrive
CoyoteCanyonDrive

Stream crossing called 2nd Crossing.
Coyote Canyon Drive Coyote Canyon Drive
Coyote Canyon Drive

This is 1sr Crossing which was dry.


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb