Back Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Angwin
November 24th 2006
Published: November 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody,

Well, I am very sad to say that Amber and I are officially back home. Our flight from Dublin to Frankfurt (and then San Francisco) was supposed to leave at 6:50 AM. After packing and taking in the last of Dublin the previous night, Amber and I got about two hours of sleep. We woke up at 4:30 AM to make it to the airport on time, but when we got there, we couldn't find our flight anywhere. What was worse was that our flight desk (Lufthansa Air) wasn't open at 5:00 AM like it was supposed to, while every other airline was. We asked many people around the airport for help, but we kept gettting the run-around. At perhaps 7:00 AM, a Dublin Airport worker found us sitting despondently in front of the Lufthansa desk, and informed us that our flight had been cancelled days earlier, and that there were others in our situation. We waited for awhile to see what they could do for us and finally got word from another unlucky passenger that the desk for Lufthansa would open at 9:00 AM.

When they finally opened, the desk worker came in and slowly turned on all the computers and lights, without saying a word to us. After about three minutes she curtly asked what we needed. Amber explained the situation, letting them know that we were never informed about a cancellation, and about how the desk didn't even have anything explaining what was going on, or at least why they weren't open at their scheduled opening time. We found out that Lufthansa had let our "travel agent" know at a precise date in early November, and that it was the agent's job to inform us. We booked our tickets on CheapTickets.com, and never got an e-mail, phone call at home, or anything. What's more is that the confirmation printout that we had from that website was printed several weeks after Lufthansa informed them.

Anyway, the lady finally found us another flight, and we left at 11:40 AM for a nine hour flight to Atlanta, Georgia. Three hours there, and then a five hour flight brought us to San Francisco. We just barely missed our bus to Napa, and so had to wait another two hours before the next ride. When we finally were able to sleep, we had been up for about 27 hours with two hours of sleep the night before. It was definitely one of the longest days of my life.

All this aside, however, this trip was a blast, and everybody definitely needs to go see Ireland. Thanks to everyone for reading the blog and leaving little comments. Hopefully you found it entertaining and enjoyed the pictues. Signing out for Ireland 2006, and until next time, cheers!

Advertisement



24th November 2006

Pictures
Oh yes, and for those who told me to take lots of pictures, I really did. I snapped some 917 pictures, while Amber has about the same, and Maggie and Kevin each had their own cameras too. What you see online here is just a smidgen...
25th November 2006

done and over...
...did you bring back bagpipes?

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb