Day 25


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
February 21st 2008
Published: February 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Snow covered mountainsSnow covered mountainsSnow covered mountains

from campground this morning
Last night we finally decided to set up the camper around 8:00. We had gone down to the campground office to use the bathroom and check on the status of the electricity, but they said no electricity = no water and no water = no bathrooms. They thought the power would be restored in an hour or so. So we set up the camper after brushing off some of the wet snow that covered it to a depth of more than an inch. We had lights thanks to DC power, but no heat. We finally went to bed around 10 with weak power, just enough to make the night light cast a feeble yellow glow. The power came on fully at midnight. Celebration, turn on the heater, then the power went off again 20 minutes later. It was off and on all night. When the sun came up we had power, but no water; the pump had gone out and they were changing it out. We finally got showered at 10 this morning. The mountains across the interstate were white this morning, but by the time we left most of it had melted away.
The drive down 93 from Kingman to Wickenburg was pleasant. Nice road and constantly changing landscape: mountains, canyons, flats, lava, Joshua trees, Saguaro, the whole mix.
We arrived at Skip and Mary's in Phoenix, happy to get out of the city traffic.
Skip was reminiscing about the burnt chocolate chip cookies our mother used to bake, so I offered to bake him some. After dinner at Chinese, we came back and I baked cookies, burning one panful for him.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

burnt cookiesburnt cookies
burnt cookies

just like Mom used to make


22nd February 2008

MMMMMMM, do those cookies look yummy!!!! Safe trip home. LUV YA!

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb