Buckskin Mountain State Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Trek America



Trek America
Kim Mwah
So after a few hours of driving and a stop or 2 along the way to purchase some alcohol and have some lunch we arrived at our destination, Buckskin Mountain State park along side the Colorado River.

We unloaded the van and Emiko showed us how to set up our tents for the night. The girl I was sharing with hadn't camped before either but after awhile our tent was up, our sleeping bags laid out and already for when we eventually made it to bed later that night.
There view was beautiful and the weather was hot, it must have been about 43 degrees. It was time for a swim in the river. The boys were already drinking there beer and relaxing in the water. Was freezing when you first got in but you knew it would be just as warm if you got back out and the rocks were hard on your feet.
I was half way in and was comfortable just standing there enjoying the view, until the boys decided that I should be fully in the water. Now when I stood up out of the water I could feel a cool breeze wisp pass me, was nice though.
Waves almost knocked me over as families went flying by on there speed boats and kids on there jet ski's.

After being in the water for an hour or 2 it was time for dinner, Emiko had cooked burgers and hot dogs. We sat around talking about what we had planned for the next few days and who was going to be doing what to help out. I was on dishes duty that night with 2 of the other boys, and were also going to be cooking dinner the next night as well, then we were finished doing our duty as such for the rest of week.

It was time to grab a shower and get into my pj's before heading to bed. We all sat around drinking and chatting before each of us slowly disappeared into our tents. The weather was so hot I didn't end up getting much sleep and was up at 5:00am the next morning. I took some photos and watched the sunrise, was so pretty as it came up over the rocks.
Kid's didn't allow anyone to sleep in and were on the water by 6:00am flying up and down on there jet ski's again for another day in the hot sun.

As soon as a few of the others were awake I got some breakfast and had a shower. Once we were all awake it was time to pack up the tents and move onto our next destination, the Grand Canyon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb