Nothing Is Ever Easy with an Old Car


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
February 10th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our new best friendsOur new best friendsOur new best friends

John is second from right
We thought we would get a quick check on a small coolant leak on Ruby Grace on Monday. European Auto Tech, a repair shop in Tucson I highly recommend, got us right in, found the minor leak and fixed it quickly only to have the alternator belt break. No problem. Easily fixed and how fortuitous that the thing broke at the shop not down the road. Unfortunately, Ruby is having the last word. The sliding door decided to break when we were running an errand on the way home from the shop. We turned around and went back to see our new best friend, John. He needed to order a part which would be overnighted from LA. Of course, the next day, UPS decided that we should be part of the low percentage of not on-time shipping. The part got here at the end of business. As I write this on Wednesday, Melisse and I are sitting in the waiting room listening to the door being slammed over and over and over again. It looks a bit dicey at this point whether or not this repair will work. John is working meticulously to make it right. Hopefully it will all work out so we can get back on the road this afternoon. We hope to get back to Sebastopol this weekend. Wish Ruby good thoughts.

Advertisement



18th February 2010

Memories
I had an "85 Honda that gave up the ghost in Kingman, Arizona in 1993...my boyfriend at the time and I had to hitch a ride to his home in LA! Maybe it's not Ruby Grace...maybe it's something in the air in AZ! =0)

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020kb