Sedona, Arizona, and vicinity


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
September 7th 2014
Published: September 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

In 2012 Margo and I spent a month at Sedona, a beautiful small town in north central Arizona. Blessed with an incomparable setting surrounded by red rocks and mountains, it’s an artist’s paradise, with energy vortices that impart a feeling of spirituality, serenity, and healing. All buildings are by law examples only of south-western architecture and colour.

Street art abounds, most of it tasteful with western themes, and there are no parking meters!! There are dozens of galleries catering to the full range of tastes, from visitors seeking inexpensive souvenirs, to quality Indian handicrafts, all the way to world-class sculptures and paintings for the most discriminating collectors (no cameras allowed in those galleries!). It even incorporates within its boundaries “Tlaquepaque”, a unique very tasteful arts and crafts urban village with a pseudo-Mexican theme.

While the Uptown area is filled with small shops, West Sedona has major stores and municipal buildings and is more laid back. It’s also the site of the local airport, where you can get helicopter or biplane, or (in season) hot air balloon rides around the region. Finally, the surrounding mountains and red hills are wonders to behold. Sedona’s many inexpensive and free visual treats charm the visitor, although we’re sure that housing must be mighty expensive!

Overall, we felt somewhat as of we were inside a kaleidoscope: there was something new to see and please at every turn. On top of that, after three days our arthritis ceased to hurt, only to start up again after we left. I hope this article gives you an idea of why we fell in love with Sedona, and will surely return.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb