Day 37


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
October 19th 2009
Published: October 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post


October 19, 2009
“That’s a keeper!!! Those are the words that John (the button and switch man) utters every time he takes a picture. This is what happens…Donna and I are literally wedged into the backseat…(the condition of the van at this point is the subject of a future blog) and when a photo op presents itself she’ll often ask John to hop out and snap a picture with the camera on her phone so that she can send it home. Now she sets EVERY THING up for him on the camera so that all he has to do is point and click. But that is not easy for our boy John. Donna has gotten pictures of every one of John’s digits (both hands), fuzzy shots that can’t be identified, half a mountain and sometimes views so far away that one can’t really tell what the subject is. After each snap of the camera John stares at the screen and says as he hands it back to Donna, “That’s a keeper”. What in the name of God he sees on the screen before handing it back is a mystery because Donna usually sees nothing that is recognizable but she always smiles and says “Yes Dear”. Sometimes she’ll ask him to take another one and maybe try to keep his fingers out of it. None of this dampens John’s enthusiasm as he hops out of the car at the next scenic vista!!!
Today we left “The Canyon” and headed to Sedona. What a beautiful place. We travelled through mountainous roads lined with striated walls of red rock…giving it the name Red Rock Canyon…just amazing. The colors were brilliant…I’m not sure they’ll show in the pictures, one color giving way to another as the mountains rise. We got to our hotel early…we had found it on line. Accommodations here are quite expensive so this motel, The Sugar Loaf Lodge, was a find because of it’s modest price. We had lunch at a place called Jose’s which served really good food at a very reasonable price. Later we sat by the pool and read, the sun was hot, and after a while we went back to our rooms. We spent some time later on trying to figure out tomorrow’s route, then returned to Jose’s for dinner…not so great this time…Jose must run out of mo-jo as the day goes on. We got back and went to bed.
Today’s Road Lesson: One man’s “keeper” is another man’s really bad photo!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb